Welcome to the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON Phoenix). Because we engage in the chanting of the Holy Names "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare" we are also known as the "Hare Krishna" or "Radha-Krishna" temple.
Our founder acarya is His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. "Acarya" means one who teaches by example and Srila Prabhupada certainly fullfilled this meaning. He personally trained his disciples in Vedic religion (Sanatana Dharma-Eternal Religion) and inspired them as well as hundreds of thousands of people to follow Krishna Consciousness. To this day, Srila Prabhupada continues to be an inspiration.
Seven Purposes of ISKCON
(1) To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world
(2) To propagate a consciousness of Krishna as it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.
(3) To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, the prime entity, and thus to develop the idea, within the members, and humanity,at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krishna)
(4) To teach and encourage the Sankirtan movement of congregational chanting of the holy name of God as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
(5) To erect for the members, and for society at large, a holy place of transcendental pastimes, dedicated to the personality of Krishna.
(6) To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler and more natural way of life.
(7) With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings
Events Post a New Event
seven potential Republican presidential candidates staged a discussion in Simi Valley, California, Due to his focus on Donald Trump, the GOP front-runner who wasn't on stage, Biden wasn't paying much attention to them. Since democracy is still un...
U.S. capital Joe Biden could be impeached, according to Republicans, who have been adamant about this for months. They will formally start presenting their case to the general public ,During the first hearing of their impeachment investigation, J...